Civil construction QS / Estimator
Estimator - Construction
Estimator - Construction Job Purpose:
Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information; controlling construction costs.
Estimator - Construction Duties:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Analyzing Information
- Developing Budgets
- Vendor Relationships
- Reporting Skills
- Decision Making
- Documentation Skills
- Quality Focus
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Competitive remuneration based on experience.
(scroll down to the enquiry screen)