JUNIOR - INTERMEDIATE HEALTH & SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER - CONSTRUCTION
Individual must possess strong safety background, with Safety oversight for all phases of site construction.
COORDINATE DIRECTLY WITH THE ON-SITE PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERVISOR TO ACHIEVE THE FOLLOWING PROJECT FUNCTIONS AND GOALS:
- Provide ongoing communication for the training and enforcement of the Site Specific Safety Plan that incorporates all areas of safety including General Safety, MSDS, Drug and Alcohol Free Program, Motor Vehicle Safety and all other Site Specifics.
- Identify potential issues and make recommendation for safety improvements.
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis to identify and mitigate hazards and potential risks.
- Complete workplace safety audits and ensure remedial action where necessary.
- Ensure proper document record keeping.
- Implement and enforce accident prevention plans and activity hazard analysis and ensure full client compliance with all safety and health requirements.
- Conduct daily walkthroughs for the site, coordinating daily and weekly look ahead, ensuring wok is accomplished safely and that occupational health if not compromised.
- Document inspections, incidents, recognized hazards, and recommend corrective actions, in narrative, with sketches and with photography as appropriate.
- Maintain the list of hazardous chemicals on site, and their Material Safety Data Sheets on record for contractor and subcontractors.
- Interpret and apply regulatory requirements of both OSH, WORK SAFE NEW ZEALAND & ISO 9001 - APPLICABLE TO THIS PROJECT AND WORK SCOPE.
- Develop and implement Site-Specific Safety Program plans to include emergency actions, response, evacuation, and security plans.
- Conduct daily safety and health inspections, mishaps, near-miss investigations.
- Take immediate action to remedy any safety issues or concerns.
- Attend all company staff meetings as scheduled.
At a minimum:
Required Relationship Skills
- Must be experienced with construction process for footpath, Kerbs & Channels construction and reinstatements projects on large streets or council contracts.
- Quality Control Certificate an advantage.
- Ability to function as Competent Person in accordance with OSH description for Competent Person.
- This is a Full time position requiring Full time commitment to safety on-site at all times, reporting directing to Senior Project and Corporate officials.
- Construction Safety Certificate is an advantage. The Officer is required to have five (5) years of construction industry safety experience or three (3) years if he or she possesses a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or safety and health degree.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers and client representatives conveying and ensuring safety, quality standards, and scheduling.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills, working with many concurrent ongoing operations and recognizing the safety culture intended for the projects and corporate goals.
- Proficiency in use of a personal computer and software programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Competitive remuneration based on experience.
(scroll down to the enquiry screen)