Key Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
- Managing the yard at all times and ensuring that it is kept clean and tidy with appropriate hazard management measures in place
- Managing and maintaining a wide range of small construction equipment and heavy construction plant and equipment.
- Manage the Inventory & Tools in the yard. Ensure appropriate records are kept.
- Managing the Plant & Equipment and Vehicle fleet. This includes:
- Ensuring that service maintenance is carried out on a regular basis
- Ensure REGO’s, WOF, RUC’s are valid and up-to-date
- Maintain a Vehicle record spreadsheet and updating information accurately
- Updating the spreadsheet for any purchase of any new plant/equipment.
- Liaising with suppliers for purchasing of new Plant & Equipment and vehicles
- Ensure all Daily Vehicle/Plant Inspections are completed by respective crew and appropriate follow up action is taken where needed
- Ensure all documentation is recorded and stored in a proper manner
- Manage all small Plant & Equipment, ensuring all services and maintenance is carried out appropriately
- Liaising with HR and HSE Personnel to keep a record of the Driver Details which includes; Driver’s License Number, Class, Type, Date of Expiry etc.
- Support management team with product selection and purchasing
- You would be required to oversee the following crew related activities:
- Issuing PPE to new employees
- Completing the Exit formalities by ensuring the PPE issued to the employee is returned in a good condition and if needed make deductions for any loss or damage.
- Supporting the Admin/Accounts Department by furnishing them with the accurate information
- Self-motivated, with organizational skills and the ability to identify, prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- The individual needs to have computer skills including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word in particular) products.
- Civil Plant and equipment product knowledge or mechanical repairs would be an advantage
- Industry knowledge, attention to detail, adaptability and a positive attitude with a professional approach when interacting with customers and with colleagues.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Competitive remuneration based on experience.
(scroll down to the enquiry screen)