We are looking for experienced Diesel Mechanic. You must possess a class (4-6) wheeler trucks civil construction, New Zealand Drivers License.
Working predominantly in our yard at Mt Roskill, we are looking for an experienced Heavy Diesel Mechanic responsible for;
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with NZTA requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by ensuring drivers and operators are cleaning and washing in regular basis.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintain a very standard of health and safety performance and compliance in the workshop and the yard.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Ideal experience and skill;
- Technical understanding
- Documentation skills
- Job knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Verbal communication
In return we offer
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A friendly work environment
- Training opportunities
- Opportunity for advancement
We are looking for a fit, energetic person for this role.
Application for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit
(scroll down to the enquiry screen)